Cellulose Insulation Installation

Cellulose insulation is plant fiber used in wall and roof cavities to separate the inside and outside of the building thermally and acoustically. Cellulose is composed of 75–85% recycled paper fiber, usually post-consumer waste newsprint. The other 15% is a fire retardant such as boric acid or ammonium sulfate. Other recycled materials used to make cellulose insulation include recycled cardboard, sawdust, hemp, corncob, straw, and cotton. Cellulose has the highest recycled content of any insulation available.  

The borates in cellulose insulation provide superior control against mold. Installations have shown that even several months of water-saturation and improper installation did not result in mold.

If you are interested in learning if cellulose insulation is the right fit for your project, contact the team at Reilly Insulation today.

Contact us for a free cellulose insulation estimate.